Chicken Wings: The healthy way – Nancy Ashmawy30 June 2020
By Nancy Ashmawy
Who doesn’t love nibbling on hot and crispy chicken wings? Winter or summer, this adaptable dish can be paired with different sauces, (healthy ones of course), or munched on just as is. Baking them instead of frying saves on calories and doesn’t produce dangerous saturated fats and trans-fatty acids like deep-frying do.
Very easy to prep and cook, this dish is a staple go-to in our home, whether we have surprise guests, or planning a movie night in.
- 1⁄2 kg chicken wings – cleaned and washed
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup almond flour
- Chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- Sea salt and pepper
- Olive oil
- Preheat oven to 280 oC.
- In a large bowl beat 1 egg and in another bowl mix 1⁄2 cup almond flour, 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika, chili powder, sea salt and pepper.
- Line a baking dish with parchment paper and lightly brush with olive oil.
- Dip the wings in the egg bowl, followed by the almond flower mix and then place on the baking dish.
- Cook for 45 minutes to 1 hour (check constantly for doneness).